Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ice-Snow Storm of 2011

Well, we braced for the winter storm just like everyone else. I went to the grocery store and stocked up on Saturday. By Sunday afternoon we had ice falling from the sky. It is so exciting in Alabama to have any frozen precipitation falling from the sky much less sticking to the ground! When we woke up Monday morning we had 2.5 -3 inches of ice/snow. I really hesitate to say we had that much snow. It was really ice-like! The ice was GREAT for sledding and ice skating, in snow boots of course! We had so much fun with our family and neighborhood friends! The boys loved sledding down the street! Eventually they figured out they could surf the ice by standing on our boogie boards and heading down the backyard slopes! It was a fun 4 days had by all!

I love Jonathan's expression as he takes his first sledding ride down the hill! The first ride was so much fun it turned into a day of sledding!

OK, I had to try it after watching the boys sled. It was a blast!

Even falling off was fun!

Of course, I can't out-do Chad! He had to take part, too!

Then it was time for Chad to go to work. The only problem, ICE! It took him 30 minutes to shovel the ice out of the driveway.

My sweet boys

Jonathan surfing in the backyard


David's turn to surf

No comments:

Post a Comment