Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jacob!


Today we woke Jacob up by singing, "Happy Birthday". He woke up very excited! Each morning for 2 weeks now he wakes up and says, "How many more days until I'm 5?" Well, today is the day! It has been a whirlwind of 5 years! Jacob will always be the baby of the family, but that baby is losing his baby traits. He is actually turning into a big boy! I savor the moments he still rocks in the recliner with me and wants to fall asleep in my bed. There are some things I just can't give up yet. And yes, now that he is 5, I will be saying to Jonathan and David, "he is only 5 he doesn't have to do that yet".
He has given himself many birthday privileges today. He can stand and jump from one piece of furniture to another because it's his birthday. When asked why he was eating and drinking in the den he said, "I can because it's my birthday". Really? I didn't know birthdays allowed so many special treats!
Well, on to the weekend. Tomorrow is party day. This will be Jacob's first real birthday party! I don't think he yet understands what a treat he is in for. His only request has been that we don't sing to him. We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment