The highlight of August for us was the boys going back to school. The backpacks and school supplies were enough to excite them. Jonathan, David and Jacob were ready to meet their new teachers and new friends for the year. Our prayers have been answered.....all of the boys are comfortable in their classrooms and they all have great teachers and friends in their classrooms! It has been a tough milestone for me. Jacob starting kindergarten signaled a new beginning for the Moores! All of the Moore boys are now in school; no one is left to tag along with me everyday. I miss my boys during the day, but am so thankful they are blessed with great health, friends, and school system!
Not only did August signal a new beginning in school, but Jacob and Grey experienced their first sleep over. I guess once you start big school you can also participate in other big kid activities. Jacob has been begging for months to go to a sleepover or to have a sleepover at his house. His brothers frequently participate in sleepovers and he is left out. Who better to spend the night than Grey?

Jonathan has officially started football! He is number 17 this year and playing noseguard and lineman. I am learning a little more about football each year that he plays! He says this is his favorite sport and it shows! At least he is taking out frustrations on the opposing team and not his brothers!

We finally made it to Turkey Creek! Turkey Creek is a nature reservation in Pinson. It is full of water, very slick rocks, and natural rock slides. The boys had so much fun playing in the water and tubing down the slide. I enjoyed sitting with friends laughing as our sweet husbands slipped around on the rocks! Chad Moore withstood the test! No falling for him!!
If I can't walk, I'll just crawl!

No comments:
Post a Comment