Tuesday, December 20, 2011

New York!!!

Our most exciting vacation this year occurred in October. Chad and I were able to take a get away vacation to New York. This is one city I have always wanted to visit and now I can't wait to go back! It was a fun, but exhausting trip. I bet we easily walked 7-10 miles a day. We headed out early each morning and returned to the hotel room late at night. Of course, besides the subway we walked everywhere we went!

We left the Birmingham airport at 6:30 AM to arrive in NYC before lunch. We ate our first meal at Tom's Diner. Chad even had the "big salad"! We spent the rest of Day 1 exploring central park and getting our bearings straight around the big city.

On Day 2 we beganourmorning at The Today Show. Chad and I were on TV several times. I was surprised to discover that arriving 30 minutes ahead of showtime will land you a spot on The Today Show. It was so much fun to see Matt, Ann and Al. This was one of my favorite days inNYC. We even met new friends from Cullman as we were all standing around waiting on camera crews to get ready. It's a small world! After The Today Show we visitedEllisIsland and the Statue of Liberty. It was absolutely breathtaking!

Day 3 found us going up102 floor of the Empire State Building. For those of you that know me well will be so happy to hear that I made it all the way to the top with no meltdowns! The guide on the 102nd floorwas working the day of the 9/11 attacks. It was pretty amazing to hear her recount stories of that day. After touring the Empire State Building weheaded to China Town. China Town is definitely a different world! We landed many good deals in that "different world"! We ended the afternoon by touring the 9-11 Memorials.

We saved the last day for our broadway show, Mama Mia! It was a high energy, very entertaining show. I havealways wanted to go to a Broadway show. This was my favorite part of our vacation. I think I could flyto NYC just to attend a Broadway show! We had a great time and are very thankful to be able to travel and enjoy other cities. However, I always look forward to returning to "home, sweet, home" in Trussville, Alabama!


Time Square!


Statue of Liberty



9-11 Memorial



Fun and Bargains in China Town!




Today Show!


Preparing for the Today Show

102nd floor of the Empire State Building


Time Square


Mama Mia!





No comments:

Post a Comment