
Well, what a week it has been! We spent 3 nights in Orange Beach and 2 nights on Lake Guntersville. We had so much fun both places. Isn't it amazing to think that all of creation was formed with God's spoken words? Wow! We serve an awesome God!
Orange Beach was simply gorgeous. I expected a low crowd and tar balls on the beach. We debated on vacationing there after all the talk of the oil spill. The crowd was extremely low. I know the economy there must be suffering! We saw only 2 or 3 very small tar balls. My children played in the ocean and along the beach. We did not ride waves because the current was too strong, not because of the oil! We enjoyed the low crowd by no lines at The Track and eating out was a breeze.
The second half of the week we camped at Lake Guntersville. Normally, I would not be the "camping type". However, with an air -conditioned camper I may just turn into the "camping type"! We camped with my mom, her friend, Chad's parents, and Chad's sister and her family. The boys had a great time playing with their cousins! We enjoyed quality time visiting with extended family.
Now, back to the real world! We arrived home yesterday just in time to get everything ready for the busy week ahead.....Upward camp, football practice, swim lessons and meet the teacher!
Jacob's biggest accomplishment this week has been learning to swim....
Wow! What a FUN, busy week!
ReplyDelete